The Coconut Tree Come Dine with Me Roadshow to share winning menu at eight locations across the UK
Channel 4’sCome Dine with Me: The Professionals winners Rodrigo and Shamil of The Coconut Tree, an authentic family and friends-run Sri Lankan restaurant group, are hitting the road and celebrating their winning menu, by taking Sri Lankan eats to the masses.
Starting on Thursday 6 October and running until Thursday 24 November, Rashintha Rodrigo (known as Rodrigo) and Shamil will be taking their winning menu to eight The Coconut Tree sites across the country, bringing their Hopper Station – Hoppers being bowl-shaped coconut milk pancakes. Guests can try some authentic and delicious Sri Lankan cooking for themselves. Locations consist of:
· 6th October – The Coconut Tree Cheltenham, 59 St Paul’s Rd, Cheltenham GL50 4JA
· 13th October – The Coconut Tree Oxford, 76 St Clement’s St, Oxford OX4 1AH
· 20th October – The Coconut Tree Bristol Triangle, 2 Byron Pl, Bristol BS8 1JT
· 27th October – The Coconut Tree Cardiff, 10 Mill Ln, Cardiff CF10 1FL
· 3rd November – The Coconut Tree Bournemouth, 185-187 Old Christchurch Rd, Bournemouth BH1 1JU
· 10th November – The Coconut Tree Bath, 36 Broad St, Bath BA1 5LP
· 17th November – The Coconut Tree Reading, 64 King’s Rd, Reading RG1 3BJ
· 24th November – The Coconut Tree Birmingham, 35 Gas St, Birmingham B1 2JT
Following its “improbably affordable” mantra, tickets cost just £19 per person for the full menu or £38 per person for food paired with The Coconut Tree’s famous Cocotails. Hopper kits will also be sold at the event to give participants a chance to become expert Sri Lankan chefs in the comfort of their own homes. Tickets can be reserved on the website – Book a table — The Coconut Tree (thecoconut-tree.com)
Scoring an incredible 38/40 on the show which aired on 11 July 2022, the dishes have been passed down from parents and grandparents. Highlights from the menu include Egg Hoppers (a type of pancake made from rice flour and coconut milk), Crispy Fried Lamb Balls and three different Sri Lankan classic curries: Dhal, Mango, Chicken or Cashew.
Rodrigo, The Coconut Tree Co-Founder, comments “This is a chance to invite people from all over the country to join us at our table and enjoy the uniquely Sri Lankan flavours we’re so passionate about here at The Coconut Tree. The best way to understand Sri Lankan flavours is to try them – and you can even take them into your own home with our Hopper kits.
“Come Dine With Me: The Professionals was such a brilliant experience. We’re really proud of this menu, and the other contestants gave us such fantastic feedback! Now everyone can try our winning dishes for themselves. We look forward to sharing our authentic Sri Lankan eats with communities far and wide.”
Started by five friends in 2016, The Coconut Tree prides itself on its authentic Sri Lankan small plates served in a relaxed ‘island vibe’ setting, with unrivalled hospitality and upbeat music. There are now nine locations across England and Wales with most playing host to the Roadshow.