The Festive Afternoon Tea takes inspiration from the world-famous shopping destination Burlington Arcade and its dazzling Christmas display for 2019, a “Cascading Snow” theme for its very special 200th anniversary. Welcoming guests into a winter wonderland, the installation features a snowy blizzard beneath the arches and skylights of the iconic arcade. A hand-crafted gold ribbon runs the entire length of the arcade, wrapping up 200 years of Burlington Moments.
A selection of delicious pastries with seasonal flavours has been created by the Hotel’s pastry team in celebration of the festive season. The new Festive Afternoon Tea menu includes:
- The Burlington Beadle: The hero pastry modelled on Head Beadle Mark Lord is given a noticeably playful festive update; this rich vanilla cheesecake is made with sablé Breton and mandarin compote
- A White Christmas: A delicate macaron flavoured with Christmas pudding and brandy-infused chocolate ganache, finished with glittering sugared stars
- Burlington Rosette: Reflecting the gold rosettes featured throughout Burlington Arcade, the distinctive design is wrapped around joconde sponge with tonka and vanilla bavarois and salted caramel
- The Gold Nugget: This 24k gold-covered nugget features a passion fruit and Angostura Bitters caramel, praline crostillant and a 70 percent Trinidadian chocolate and rum whipped ganache
- Burlington Battenberg: Inspired by the Arcade’s iconic marble floor, the Burlington battenberg is given a festive twist using traditional Christmas cake flavours
Working with some of the finest home-grown producers and suppliers, the Festive Afternoon Tea includes classic British sandwiches in five varieties including cucumber with mint and cream cheese on white bread, Lambton and Jackson smoked salmon with lemon cream cheese and radish on brown bread, coronation chicken on granary bread, curried egg with Montgomery cheddar and truffle on brioche bread, and Portland crab salad with preserved lemon butter on white toast.
Finished off with freshly baked scones served with clotted cream and mandarin and cedar pine nut marmalade, the Festive Afternoon Tea is the perfect way to celebrate the holiday season. Four Seasons Hotel London at Park Lane guests can toast the 200th anniversary of Burlington Arcade with a glass of chilled champagne before a selection of teas from around the world. Vegetarian, vegan and gluten free alternatives are available on request.
The Festive Afternoon Tea is available at Four Seasons Hotel London at Park Lane until December 31, 2019 priced from GBP 46 per person. To book, contact Four Seasons Hotel London at Park Lane on 020 7319 5206.